From: Joseph Fernandez (joefern9999_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 09 2006 - 09:55:05 CST

Hi:

I have multiple files that I would like to load in
VMD. These are compressed (gzip) AMBER trajectory
files. Due to space limitation on my machine, I would
like to systematically uncompress a file, load the
file, and compress the file within a tcl script; e.g.

gunzip md_eq_001_nowat.mdcrd.gz
mol addfile md_eq_001_nowat.mdcrd type crdbox first 0
last -1 stride 1
gzip md_eq_001_nowat.mdcrd
gunzip md_eq_001_nowat.mdcrd.gz
mol addfile md_eq_001_nowat.mdcrd type crdbox first 0
last -1 stride 1
gzip md_eq_001_nowat.mdcrd
...etc

However, I get the following message in the Tk windown
when I run the script:

invalid command name "gunzip"

How could I invoke the gunzip command within a tcl
script.

I look forward to you assistance on this matter.

Joe