From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 18:06:43 CST

Marc,
  As you've discovered, the existing implementation of these code modules
doesn't allow you to do everything that the mouse is able to do. With some
work you could probably add additional tools to allow the kinds of manipulation
you have in mind, but they aren't there now. I agree with your assessment
that it would be handy to be able to make these devices capable of the
type manipulations you have in mind. If you're interested in working on
this and writing new Tool objects for that purpose I can try and help you
get that done.