From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 18:08:01 CST

Hi,
  So you're loading the XYZ file on VMD in a Suse Linux running on a
32-bit x86 processor? When you load the trajectory, are you attempting
to load the whole thing, or only part of it? It's also possible you are
running out of memory on your PC, how much RAM does the machine have?
One way to determine if it's a file size issue or a RAM issue is to tell
VMD to start reading frames at frame 10,000 and see if that fails immediately
or if it reads 5,000 or so frames (as before) and then quits. If it fails
immediately, then it's probably a file size or filesystem issue, if it
runs for 5,000 then stops it may be a RAM issue.