From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 12:44:13 CST

Hi,
  What file format are you reading from, and is this a Windows machine?
Not all of the file readers can handle files larger than 2GB on Windows...
In particular, all of the file readers that use the libc standard I/O
routines on Windows are inherently limited to reading files that are
2GB or less due to limitations of the Windows C library implementation.
I've recently improved the DCD reader to allow access to huge files
by using native Windows I/O calls that can deal with 64-bit files, but
this doesn't help things for XYZ and other ASCII file formats. If you
can tell me what format your CPMD results are in, I can have a look at
the file reader for that format and see if there's anything that can be done.