From: griadi_at_utalca.cl
Date: Fri Feb 03 2006 - 20:39:37 CST

Hi VMD, John Stone and everybody:

When trying to render a molecule with GLSL nothing happens but a message in
the DOS window saying:

Warning) OpenGL Programmable Shading not available.

How could I make it available? Is it possible?
I have an "ATI MOBILITY Fire GL T2" Video Card with OpenGL. Not sure if this
additional info helps: I also installed DirectX9 and apparently I have the
libraries for OpenGL. I run WindowsXP in my IBM T41p notebook with a 1.7GHz
PentiumM and 1GB RAM.
In the lab there's also an Athlon 64bits with a "NVidia Quadro" Video Card
with the very same problem. John Stone kingly replied the only question I
found about GLSL in April-2005, saying that NVidia drivers have problems with
GLSL. How about ATI?

I've seen molecules rendered with GLSL and they look a lot better. I'm using
white background, which enhances the normal render imperfections.

Thanks a lot guys,
Gonzalo.

Este mensaje fue enviado por: http://webmail.utalca.cl