From: andrea spitaleri (spitaleri.andrea_at_hsr.it)
Date: Tue Jan 31 2006 - 03:25:19 CST

Hi,
that what I call "shame"..... :)
I was trying to run vmd64bit on 32bit ......

really sorry!

John Stone wrote:
Hi,
  If VMD exits immediately, this may be a sign of problems with your
OpenGL installation.  What do you get if you run "glxinfo" on the same
machine in the same ways you tested VMD?  If you get warnings about GLX
missing, that's a likely source of problems for VMD as well.  Assuming that
you've got gdb installed, you can also run VMD like this:
  vmd -debug

When you get the gdb prompt, just type "run" and when it halts,
type the command "where" and tell me what it says.

  John