From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 30 2006 - 14:43:39 CST

Hi,
  The DX reader in VMD was written primarily as a means of loading the
results of electrostatics calculations by APBS and simliar packages.
I'm not currently familiar with the specifics of that variant of grid
you're workin with, but if you can send me the DX file and whatever PDB
goes with it, I'll be happy to see what I can do.

At present the VMD DX reader only accepts a very narrow range of
DX file format variants, so this is most likely a DX data type
that VMD doesn't yet recognize. Depending on what you've
got I may be able to modify the DX reader to accept these
histogram files, but I won't know until I have a look at your data.