From: andrea spitaleri (spitaleri.andrea_at_hsr.it)
Date: Mon Jan 30 2006 - 09:31:46 CST

Hi all,
I have a problem with vmd installation procedure. I downloaded  vmd-1.8.4b6.bin.LINUXAMD64.opengl.tar.gz in my home, which is imported from a server by ldap.
I have untared and followed the procedure properly. Everything went fine. However, typing vmd I see starting vmd and the window close immediately!
The strange is that if I log in in the server by using ssh -X, it runs exporting X. I would like to use vmd without log in in the server by ssh.

I see the script vmd and I couldn't find the problem. It should run, isn't?
Thanks in advance

Regards,

Andrea

--