From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 10:23:36 CST

Hi,
  What file format is your CHARMM trajectory written in?
Is it being loaded by VMD as a DCD file, or some other format (COOR?)?
If it is a DCD file, the next question is what platform you're
running VMD on? The specific error message you mention below
doesn't sound like anything in the DCD reader, thus my initial
question about which file format your trajectory was written in.
If the trajectory is written as a COOR file (read in VMD by corplugin),
then the problem could be one of several things. I just fixed a couple
of bugs in corplugin, specifically affecting the extended COOR format
for structures with more than 99,999 atoms. It could be that you've
just run into one of the problems I recently fixed. The next test version
I post on the web site will include the new corplugin, and may fix your
problem if it's an issue with file formatting. If your problem is due
to the file size, then the solution will depend on which platform you're
running VMD on.