From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 23 2006 - 13:28:49 CST

Hi,
  The 32-bit Windows implementation of the standard library functions
such as fopen(), fclose(), fseek(), ftell(), fread(), and fwrite()
cannot handle large files (>= 2GB). This causes the DCD plugin (and others)
to be limited to working with files <= 2GB in size on Windows specifically.

In the short term (until I have a new version of the DCD plugin written
using non-portable 64-bit Windows filesystem calls), the solutions to
this problem are:
  - split the large file(s) into pieces that are 2GB or smaller using
    VMD or CatDCD on the machine(s) where the trajectory was generated.

  - Run VMD on one of the other supported platforms which have
    64-bit file support in their libc stdio implementation.

Let us know if you need help with this.