From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 17:05:26 CST

Craig,
  Yes, you can do this if you like with some scripting. Rather than
drawing hemispheres, it's actually easier just to draw spheres at
the ends of the cylinders. You can do this with the VMD "draw" or
"graphics" commands which are described in the User's Guide.
This would be quite similar to the way the VMD "Licorice" representation
is drawn. Let us know if you need help with that.