From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 09:06:49 CST

Hi Lavina,
this is going to depend greatly on exactly what you'd like to do. When
you say you'd like to create a demo, do you mean you want something to
show other people, or something to help you learn? There are a few
additional tutorials available from the KS website that get into more
detailed applications, for example the Gramidicin tutorial
(http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/tutorial/NCSA2002/hands-on/) and
nanotube tutorial
(http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/#nanotubes). Beyond that, you
are going to be getting in to real research level work, and thus you
should read some recent MD papers to figure out what is being done in
the field, and apply similar techniques to a protein of your choice.

Could you be more specific on what kind of problems you are having with
the avidin-biotin simulation? Depending on their nature, you may want to
try the NAMD mailing list as well.

Best,
Peter