From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 18 2006 - 16:04:52 CST

Hi,
  It seems that you've encountered a bug of some sort, I'll have to
look into this. For now add this line to the end of the loop over
frames:
  display update ui

That seems to cure the problem for the time being with VMD 1.8.4 test builds.
I'll have to look into why that isn't working when the dislay isn't also
being updated.

Thanks,