From: Ravinder Abrol (abrol_at_wag.caltech.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 02 2006 - 18:46:45 CST

Hi Taeho,

Thanks for your email. I know how to setup a protein-lipid system
using VMD. What I wanted was a literature reference of an expt study
of POPC, which is used to get the parameters used in the membrane
plugin of VMD. These parameters are typically lipid surface
density and width of lipid membrane.

Ravi

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 12:41:55AM +0900, Taeho Kim wrote:
> Ravi.
>
> Here is a example to insert protein in popc bilayer.
> http://mccammon.ucsd.edu/~rlaw/ctbp_workshop_rlaw.htm
>
> Good luck.
>
> Taeho.
>
> 2005-12-28 (¼ö), 13:47 -0800, Ravinder Abrol ¾²½Ã±æ:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am using the membrane plugin in VMD to create my protein-membrane
> > system with a POPC bilayer. Is there any reference that I can lookup
> > and quote for the parameters used regarding this POPC layer. I couldn't
> > find the specific reference at RP Rand's page mentioned in the
> > membrane plugin doc page.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ravi

 Ravinder Abrol
 139-74, Beckman Institute
 Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
 Caltech, Pasadena, CA 91125
 Phone: 1.626.395.8143
   Fax: 1.626.585.0917
 Email: abrol_at_wag.caltech.edu