From: Marc Baaden (baaden_at_smplinux.de)
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 05:25:11 CST

Hi,

this is just for information, as I thought it might be useful for
some VMD users interacting via virtual reality hardware. As we have
recently moved our Phantom to use OpenHaptics there was an impending
requirement to use also VRPN v7.0b5 to drive this. The current VMD
uses a v6 VRPN client version which does not communicate with a v7
server.
But in fact it is actually sufficient to recompile VMD using the VRPN v7
tree, no other adjustments needed. I can now happily interact with
the VRPN v7 driven phantom.

  Marc Baaden

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden_at_smplinux.de      -      http://www.baaden.ibpc.fr