From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 19 2005 - 11:47:36 CST

Vlad,
  What's going on in VMD when you get those messages? Generally speaking,
this is the X server complaining about an out of range value. It could be
almost anything, but I'm guessing it's in response to a window resize event
or something like that, perhaps caused by an interaction with your window
manager. Without more info there's no way for me to guess what's causing
those, all I can tell you is that they are being printed by the lowest level
Xlib calls, which could be in VMD, FLTK, or Tk, no way to know which without
more information.