From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 16 2005 - 13:17:28 CST

Hi,
  This is typically caused by an error in your ~/.cshrc file in your
home directory. To test to see if this is indeed the case, rename
your .cshrc file to .cshrc.bak, and then try running VMD again and
see if you get the same error or not. If it runs ok, then you're
missing and "endif" statement somewhere in you .cshrc file.