From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 09 2005 - 09:46:08 CST

Vlad,
  Did you remember to 'make distrib' the plugins into a distribution
area symlinked to the vmd/plugins in the VMD build? When you compile
VMD itself, you need to have the compiled plugins and headers in the
right spot. If you got that right, then most likely you're just missing
some library or header and the build is failing during linkage.
Please email me your make output and I'll see what the holdup is and
tell you what to do to fix it.