From: Michel Espinoza-Fonseca (mef_at_ddt.biochem.umn.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 30 2005 - 03:12:48 CST

If you want to perform hard-core analysis with VMD, I recommend you to use the nVidia Quadro FX 4000. I've been working with this card on a dual Opteron machine (2.4 GHz), 4 GB RAM and running under RedHat Enterprise 3.0. VMD has been extremely fast and very efficient... But as usual, it depends on your budget :)