From: Michel Espinoza-Fonseca (mef_at_ddt.biochem.umn.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 22 2005 - 18:12:31 CST

That's good. And yes, both files with extensions *.rtf and *.inp contain the same information. The thing here is that CHARMM (the program) is able to read these files, and also the *.str ones. I suggest you to open them and explore them, you'll see that they contain the same information :)

Cheers,
Michel