From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 18:52:46 CDT

Hi,
  The currently available PDB plugin ignores CONECT records.
They fail for large structures which are commonly used in MD simulations,
so historically we use separate files such as PSF files to acquire this
information. I've been meaning to fix up CONECT record reading for
the PDB plugin but haven't done this just yet. You could construct a
PSF file pretty easily, and that would make VMD happy.