From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_vitae.cmm.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 10:49:25 CDT

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Hyonseok Hwang wrote:

HH> Dear all,
HH>
HH> I'm wondering if anybody already asked this question.
HH> I have several pdb files and would like to make a movie with them. One
HH> problem is that the total number of atoms are not the same in each pdb
HH> file. That is, some atoms will disappear and appear if I make a movie. I
HH> tried the 'animatepdbs' script, but it worked only when the total number
HH> of atoms are the same in each pdb file. Does anyone have an idea?

hyon,

yes, this has been discussed on the list before. please have a look at:

http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/~axel.kohlmeyer/cpmd-vmd/part7.html#chap9_sect5

for a possible solution. not elegant, but does the trick.

regards,
        axel.

HH> Thanks a lot in advance.
HH>
HH> -Hyon

Axel Kohlmeyer    e-mail: akohlmey_at_cmm.upenn.edu, tel: ++1-215-898-1582