From: Vlad Cojocaru (Vlad.Cojocaru_at_eml-r.villa-bosch.de)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 07:50:52 CDT

Dear VMD users,
   I am trying to get IED working with vmd 1.8.3 on a Debian Linux. When
I "gopython $IEDDIRECTORY/ied.py" I get the error message listed below.
Could somebody give me a hint how to fix this?

Thanks a lot in advance
vlad

Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
Could not find Numeric Python version 22.0.
ImportError: No module named numeric_version
Info) Text interpreter now Python
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "VMD", line 19, in ?
ImportError: No module named vmdnumpy
Info) Text interpreter now Tcl
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "/home/cojocavd/lib/vmd/scripts/python/Tkinter.py", line 59, in ?
    import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk
ImportError: No module named _tkinter

--
Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
EML Research gGmbH