From: Samuel Flores (samuel.flores_at_yale.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 04 2005 - 14:03:46 CDT

Hi guys,

I have a CE atom in a methionine residue that is a little distant from its
corresponding sulfur. When I open the molecule using VMD, make some minor
rotations and then save the protein, the saved protein is missing this atom.
Presumably it was too far away to be recognized as part of the MET residue
(in fact no bond is displayed in the viewer) and was truncated. I'd rather
not have this truncated (I'll do an energy minimization later, hopefully fix
the problem that way). Can anyone tell me how to instruct VMD to not remove
atoms?

Many thanks

Sam