From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 03 2005 - 11:15:01 CDT

Hi,
  If you need a current build of VMD on Windows, I can provide one for you.
If you really want to build from source, you should be warned that the build
requires you to use MSVC and if you plan to build the plugins from source,
you'll also need cygwin to get the 'make' and other utilities we're using
there. Let me know what you're trying to do and I can help you solve this.