From: Praedor Atrebates (praedor_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 23 2005 - 13:30:56 CDT

I am running Mandriva linux 10.2 (2005LE) on a Pentium-M laptop with ATI
Radeon 9000 mobility chip. I am using kernel is 2.6.11, glibc 2.3.4,
xorg-x11-6.8.2, tk/tcl-8.4.5.

I cannot load pdb files. Any time I select the "Load" button after selecting
a pdb, vmd-1.8.3 crashes immediately without producing any error message. I
don't get anything useful if I do "strace vmd" and try to load a pdb either.
I have tried small pdbs and large ones. None will load though they work fine
in swiss pdb viewer and pymol.

Not sure if it matters but I downloaded and installed the latest vmd plugins
update and installed it but this didn't change anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

praedor

--
"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be
construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."