From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 14:27:45 CDT

Nathan,
  You can delete the duplicate frame if you want once the trajectory is
loaded. If we wrote the necessary topology reader plugins, you'd probably
be able to load the topology file and the trajectory and you'd no longer
have the duplicated frame if you just loaded those two files.
If you or others want to try out a Gromacs topology file reader plugin,
email me to let me know and I can provide you with test builds when I
get started on it.