From: Chang, Christopher (Christopher_Chang_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 10:20:35 CDT

I do this routinely with a script of the form:

mol new mol.psf
animate read dcd file.dcd beg 0 end 1999 waitfor all top
set temp [atomselect top "segname X Y Z"]
animate write dcd nosolvent.dcd beg 0 end 1999 waitfor all sel $temp top

Chris

Christopher H. Chang, Ph.D.
Research Associate
National Renewable Energy Laboratory