From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 08 2005 - 10:15:39 CDT

What locale do you have set on your Linux system and X server?
It's possible that the Tk problem might have something to do with
internationalization support, or some other X feature that alters
keymaps and/or event handling. Upgrading Tk on your system won't change
VMD as the Tk VMD uses is statically linked into the program. It doesn't
use the Tk on your system at all. At this point I'm not sure what to suggest
as I've never seen anything like this myself. Do you have any other machines
you can test on?