From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 10:00:53 CDT

Hi,
  Can you type into any of the other extensions menu items?
(i.e. the APBS tool, the movie maker tool, etc?)
If the VMD text console works, then it still might be a problem that's
specific to the Tk-based menus. The main VMD user interface is based
on FLTK and is coded in C/C++, but the extension menus are all Tcl/Tk
items presently.