From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 05 2005 - 13:36:28 CDT

Hi,
  You can type "history" in either TkCon or the VMD text console to
see what commands have been run. The commands leading up to 49 are
most likely merely the contents of your .vmdrc file and the normal
VMD startup script items. If you're very concerned and absolutely want
your command history to start with "1", can probably reset the counter
used by TkCon if you read up on it.