From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 15:45:28 CDT

Hi,
  The Intersurf plugin is unusual in that it consists of both script
and compiled components. The compiled components depend on a
computational geometry library for calculating the delaunay triangulations.
This computational geometry doesn't build/port very easily, so at present
this plugin is only available on Linux and Windows. While I go through
tremendous effort in porting and compiling VMD on every platform possible,
plugins written by third parties are less apt to run on all platforms since
they may not have the resources to build and test their code on multiple
platforms. If someone knows of an easy-to-compile, freely distributable
delaunay triangulation package, it might be possible to replace the one
currently in use with an alternative and make Intersurf more portable.