From: Kevin Smith (kksmith67_at_netscape.net)
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 09:23:02 CDT

Hi All,
   I'm trying to convert PDB file to STL format for prototyping need using VMD 1.8.3 (windows). I can render VDW representation to STL without any trouble but I really need "surface" rep to be converted to STL. Problem I'm facing is; surface to STL resolution is very very coarse. In VDW rep I have control to increase the sphere resolution but nothing to change the resolution in "surface" draw mode. Could someone suggest how to make a smoother resolution STL file. I'm not worried about if any STL facets are missing or self intersecting because I can easily fix them with stl editor later on but I can't increase the file resolution.
     By the way I have also tried MSMS draw method but noting appears in graphic window. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kevin

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.