From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 09:57:35 CDT

Hi,
  Can you 'ping localhost' on your machine? The error you're
getting makes it appear that the VRPN server either isn't running, or
that you've got a misconfiguration in your setup such that they aren't
initiating communication. You may also need to make sure that the
Windows Firewall settings aren't interfering somehow.