From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 10:14:05 CDT

Luis,
  If you've got Surf files that contain color information, I'd be
happy to see about adding support for the color information in the
VMD plugin. There's nothing that would inherently prevent colored
surface data from being loaded, but all of the Grasp surface test files
I've got lacked this information, so there wasn't much I could do without
more test files. If you've got files that include this information, I'll
be happy to give it a whirl.