From: Adrian Roitberg (roitberg_at_qtp.ufl.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 16:57:47 CDT

Claire,

This is more of am amber question than vmd, so I will try to answer it.

First, I want to make sure you created a NEW prmtop file after stripping
the waters, Otherwise the atom count will be different.

Assuming you did this, I think your problem is that you did not say
nobox after your trrajout command in ptraj.

So, if you load the stripped mdcrd as 'crd' in vmd, then the box is not
expected, but it is present in your mdcrd coordinate.

If you read it in vmd as crdbox, then a box is expected but it disagrees
with what your prmtop says.

I would add nobox to your trajout command and try again.

Pls let me know if this helps (or not ;-))

Cheers

adrian

--
                            Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg