From: Justin (dlyzxl_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jun 18 2005 - 11:19:32 CDT

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://mail.yahoo.com

attached mail follows:

Hi John:

I followed the instruction and installed successfully,
but met difficulty when running vmd. The error is
copied as below.

[rathlefs_at_ishmael ~/local/vmd/bin]$ vmd
ld.so.1: /home/rathlefs/local/vmd/vmd_SOLARIS2: fatal:
libm.so.1: version `SUNW_1.1.1' not found (required by
file /home/rathlefs/local/vmd/vmd_SOLARIS2)
ld.so.1: /home/rathlefs/local/vmd/vmd_SOLARIS2: fatal:
libm.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

thanks for your direction,

Justin

--- John Stone <johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Justin,
> Yes, you got the right version, but you need to
> follow the installation
> steps described in the README file that came with
> the package before you
> can run it. Let us know if you need more help.
>
> John Stone
> vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
>
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 02:29:48PM -0700, Justin
> wrote:
> > Hi All:
> >
> > Do we have any VMD binary version for Sun Sparc
> Solaris system?
> >
> > I have installed
> vmd-1.8.3.bin.SOLARIS2.opengl.tar.gz. After
> extraction, and I cd vmd-1.8.3/bin, then type ./vmd.
> I got the error 'defaultvmddir: Undefined variable'
> >
> > Can anyone tell me if I installed a correct
> version? If yes, how is the problem related?
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Justin

> protection around
> > http://mail.yahoo.com
> --
> NIH Resource for Macromolecular Modeling and
> Bioinformatics
> Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and
> Technology
> University of Illinois, 405 N. Mathews Ave, Urbana,
> IL 61801
> Email: johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu Phone:
> 217-244-3349
> WWW: http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/ Fax: