From: Claire Zerafa (cporteli_at_waldonet.net.mt)
Date: Fri Jun 17 2005 - 06:30:29 CDT

Dear all,

I am trying to load some trajectories from amber8 into vmd. I was trying to
first load a .prmtop file, and then a .mdcrd file.

So when i loaded the .prmtop file (parm7) under the section for Atoms I
could see 25201, which is the total number of atoms in the .prmtop file.
Under the sections for frames and Vol, the integer 0 was listed.

Then i tried to load .mdcrd files which i produced during a dynamics run
from amber 8. I loaded these as crdbox, because they were produced during a
solvated dynamic run.

When the mdcrd files loaded there was a 0 integer listed beneath Atoms,
Frames, and Vol, and an accomanpying message came up in the console which
said:

"some frames from file X could not be loaded because the number of atoms
could not be determined. Load a structure file first, then try loading this
file again.

Then I started again an read in a .pdb file first. This read correctly, but
then I still had the same results with the .prmtop and .mdcrd files.

I am working on an Octane SGI.

Thanks

claire