From: Simon Whitehead (SJW084_at_bham.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 05:34:53 CDT

Hi everyone,

We are currently looking into buying some hardware for our lab group that would enable us to use stereoview on VMD plus other programs such as Coot, NOC and Swiss Pdb viewer which we use for our crystallographic refinement and structural analysis. We use PC`s and have looked at the NVidia quadro chipset based graphics cards but are unsure about what are the minimum requirements needed to produce good quality stereoview with a decent refresh rate and resolution. As there are cards available which range from £200-£2000 we are not quite sure what we really need. Also further to this does anyone know of companies who produce good quality stereo glasses?

Kind Regards

Simon Whitehead