From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 02 2005 - 15:12:06 CDT

Sabuj,
  The issue is that the old quadros use the older generation NVidia
GPU chips which are incapable of supporting the floating point fragment
shader operations required for GLSL. All of the newer (even cheap)
NVidia video boards are now capable of GLSL. The new Quadro 3x00 and 4x00
boards do GLSL, but not the older x00 series cards. The availability
of GL_ARB_shading_language_100 is only one of several extensions that
must be present in order for VMD to make use of programmable shading.
The one that's missing on the old Quadro is the fragment shader object.