From: Hernán Alonso (hernan.alonso_at_anu.edu.au)
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 03:44:48 CDT

Hello,
I've been trying to use VMD to represent the electrostatic potential
of a molecule as a color pattern over a surface representation.
Although I have no problems in looking at isosurfaces of the
electrostatic grid, when I choose the Surf representation and the
Volume coloring method the surface that appears is completely red (or
dark red), and I cannot see the patterns. I've tried changing the
range of the scale (under trajectory menu) as well as the color
scale, but nothing seems to work.
The VolumeSlice drawing method gives a very weird 'chess board'
pattern (of red and black squares), so I don't really thing the
program is reading the numbers properly...
I've used pymol to represent the same thing and I had no problems.
I'm using an ibook G4, with 3D support...
I really don't know what I may be doing wrong,
Best Regards,

Hernan

Hernán Alonso
PhD student