From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 01:18:00 CDT

Dallas,
  With VMDSIMPLEGRAPHICS enabled, you'll be missing these features,
though whether you'd actually have them otherwise is still very
video card-specific:
  - Stereo
  - Multisample antialiasing
  - 3-D texturing (color by volume)
  - GLSL (OpenGL Shading Language) advanced shaders
    (ray traced spheres, alpha-blended transparency, phong shading, etc)
  - Various other OpenGL features that are used to make VMD
    draw molecules faster...

Dallas, are you using ATI or NVidia? I seem to remember you had an
ATI laptop chipset or something? Just trying to remember what your
specific case is.

  John