From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 13:47:55 CDT

Sabuj,
  Did you try running VMD using the VMDSIMPLEGRAPHICS environment variable?
Can you try that and tell me if that affects how it interacts
with the nVidia drivers you've experienced problems with thus far?
I'd like to know if it's related to the use of various OpenGL extensions
or if the new nVidia drivers also fail on plain OpenGL 1.1 calls.
Did you ever get a chance to email the bug to linux-bugs_at_nvidia.com?
They provide a bug reporter script that they include with their drivers
that provides the information they need about your Linux installation
to help them fix the problem. Their bug reporting script is normally
installed in:
  /usr/bin/nvidia-bug-report.sh

It creates a nvidia-bug-report.log file they want you to mail to them.

Thanks,