From: Brian Bennion (brian_at_youkai.llnl.gov)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 12:33:59 CDT

These errors are defined in the vmd plugins that read dcd files.

Check the source files online or in your bmd plugin source directory for
more info.

Brian

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Leyla Celik wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been writing a couple of tcl-scripts to do my analyzing calling Justin
> Gullingsrud's bigdcd script from the vmd script library.
>
> I have 19 dcd files with a total of 38000 frames. The script proceeds fine until
> frame nr. 37315 after which it gives a failure:
>
> read_dcdstep returned -4
>
> I cannot find this message anywhere in the bigdcd script (and I have not written
> something like that in my own script). Anyone have a suggestion of what to do?
>
> Thanks
> Leyla
>
> --
> Leyla Celik
> Ph.d. student
> Department of Chemistry
> University of Aarhus
> Langelandsgade 140
> DK-8000 Aarhus C
> Denmark
> Tel: +45 8942 3869
> e-mail: lc_at_chem.au.dk

  Brian Bennion, Ph.D.
  Bioscience Directorate
  Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
  P.O. Box 808, L-448 bennion1_at_llnl.gov
  7000 East Avenue phone: (925) 422-5722
  Livermore, CA 94550 fax: (925) 424-6605