From: Axel Kohlmeyer (axel.kohlmeyer_at_theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 11:53:25 CDT

>>> "MM" == Marc Q Ma <qma_at_oak.njit.edu> writes:

MM> 4. This maybe a nice feature, however, VMD still does not have: when a
MM> user load a dcd file, let the user control how many frames to load, how
MM> many frames to skip -- similar to what is provided for "Delete Frames"
MM> after all frames are loaded. This way, researchers can quickly check
MM> the trajectories without loading all frames.

marc,
this feature _does_ exist. you can specify the first, last and stride
when loading a file into VMD. either from the command line or from
the New Molecule menu.

regards,
        axel.

MM> All above is related to allowing VMD to have ample computer memory to
MM> show graphics.

MM> John: Do you think (4) is a good feature to be added to VMD? I think it
MM> will be cool. Currently, my group is using Suggestion #2. This is not
MM> the best solution since the more we save, the more we can infer from
MM> our simulations.

MM> Marc
MM> On Apr 21, 2005, at 9:29 PM, Kos wrote:

Axel Kohlmeyer       e-mail: axel.kohlmeyer_at_theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Lehrstuhl fuer Theoretische Chemie          Phone: ++49 (0)234/32-26673
Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum - NC 03/53         Fax:   ++49 (0)234/32-14045
D-44780 Bochum  http://www.theochem.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/~axel.kohlmeyer/