From: qun.ma_at_njit.edu
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 14:28:20 CDT

Hi,

> > just add a switch, e.g., "-delay 20" (???) I will
> > need to double check on
> > this. I will be making a movie in a moment ...
>
> Is his from the console. I have been making the gifs
> and mpgs using the GUI. It would be nice if you can
> tell me the exact sequence of commands or guide me to
> some place where I can find help.

Here is my way --

You must have installed ImageMagick. Choose from
VMD Movie Generator
Movie Settings --> uncheck "delete frames"
The above will disallow VMD to delete the ppm frames.

Then from the command line, (in a shell or terminal or console), type

convert -delay 20 *.ppm mymovie.gif

The above should generate a movie named "mymovie.gif." You can adjust the "-
delay" value such as making it 10 or 15 so that the images flash away faster.

I could not find a field in the movie maker that asks users to specify the
delay value for gif files.

Marc