From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 08 2005 - 13:57:01 CDT

Simon,
  What platform are you running Amber on, and how did you try to
convert them previously? It is possible that these files are so old
(you said Amber 4.1 after all) that none of the present-day packages
that work with Amber will read such old files. (current version of
Amber is 8.x) If you want to send me one of the files you're having
trouble with, I'd be happy to take a very brief glance at it.