From: Suckjoon JUN (suckjoon.jun_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 15:00:51 CDT

Hello,

I have a problem with Movie Maker plugin. I am using VMD 1.8.3 on my
Powerbook (OS 10.3.8). I am trying to make a movie with renderer
option POV-Ray, which I downloaded version 3.6 from
http://www.povray.org/download/.

In the 2nd stage, I get the error message

"Could not locate povray
Would you like to specify its path?"

So I say 'yes' and specify its path (the file 'POV-Ray Mac 3.6'). Then
VMD progresses to 4th stage, and I get another error message:

"Error: error renaming "/'my working
directory'/blahblahblah.0000.ppm": no such file or directory"

So I go to my working directory and see what happend. VMD Movie Make
has created bunch of .dat files but no .ppm files.

What is wrong? I would very much appreciate any help from VMD users --
I need to urgently create movies for supplementary materials of my
rearch articles and upcoming talk in two weeks.

Thank you,
Suckjoon JUN

PS. I have no problems when I use the first two internal renderers
'Snapshot' or 'Internal Tachyons', but the quality is not very
satisfactory.