From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 11:23:09 CDT

Hi,
  There isn't presently a built-in way to accomplish this, but you
can do it by changing the movie settings so that the movie maker keeps
all of the individual movie frames, then render the several movie segments
you want individually, and then write your own ppmtompeg movie compression
script to merge the segments into a single movie. That's just one way,
you could do it using any movie compression tool you want, but if you want
to use the vmd movie plugin to do the grunt work of generating the frames,
I'd suggest doing it that way, just telling it to keep all of the frames.