From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 10:23:44 CDT

Jerry,
  Whether clipping planes work when GLSL is enabled is a function
of your graphics board. I assume from your note that you must be using
an NVidia board, since they work pretty well otherwise, but their current
video drivers don't correctly implement user-defined clipping planes
in GLSL shaders. I've reported this bug and several other GLSL related
bugs to NVidia several months ago, so at a minimum they are aware of the
problem. I have no estimate on when they will fix this bug, but if you
find it irritating I suggest you tell them by writing an email to them.

The only video card I know of that doesn't presently have some sort of
VMD bug with GLSL support is the 3DLabs Wildcat Realizm. Their latest
Windows drivers seem to work for everything I've tried. They fixed all
of the bugs I reported to them.